Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Madeline's Nursery: Part 1

 
That's right, we have a name!  Baby Shaw will officially be known to the world as Madeline Ann Shaw!

So, we have a baby girl, a name and now we need a nursery.  Where to start?

I have a Chinese Art Deco rug that was my husband's grandmother's and this piece will serve as the inspiration for the room.  Here are some not so great photos of the rug:




 This rug has been in storage for a while because, although I think it is beautiful, I had no idea what to do with it.  Until I found these images:

Jonathan Adler


Tyler Dawson

Think pastels, jewel tones, velvet, goldleaf, and maybe even a little lepoard.

2 comments:

  1. Love the name and the nursery inspiration. Can't wait to see it come together :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name too!! That rug is beautiful...great colors!

    ReplyDelete